Am at Liverpool to stay - Coutinho plays down Barcelona transfer rumours
Liverpool forward Philippe Coutinho has played down rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona, saying he is 'very happy' playing at Anfield.
The Brazil international was the subject of a transfer battle between the Reds and the Catalan giants in August, putting in a transfer request to try to force a move to Camp Nou. However, Liverpool bosses had no intention of selling one of their star players and were unwilling to let the 25-year-old leave.
Barcelona are reportedly ready to return for the attacker, but Coutinho has insisted that he is happy with Liverpool and at the moment, has no desire to leave the club.
"I'm playing in one of the biggest leagues in the world," he told reporters before Brazil's friendly with England.
"I'm always happy. But now it's important to concentrate on the national team. At the moment I am very happy with my life.
"Every day, I work harder than before to improve myself and become a better all-around footballer."
Coutinho missed the start of the Premier League campaign with a back injury, but has slotted straight back into Jurgen Klopp's XI, with two goals in five Premier League appearances.
- Messi breaks yet another record by hitting his 400th LaLiga goal
- Ramsey agrees five-year deal with Juventus
- Injury blow for Bayern Munich as Frank Ribery suffers injury in training
- Champions League & Europa League draws
- Chelsea's Morata suffers injury in Europa League clash
- Ballon d'Or 2018: Luka Modric and Ada Hegerberg win awards